Anyone still reading Club Silencio knows that I (in)frequently contribute to Film Experience a series called "Signatures:" my most beloved actresses momentarily captured in awkward still photos and overindulgent praise. If I were to write a "Signatures" on myself, it would be that I laugh in the face of being prolific, and that my readers are lovely, patient and/or bored.
Here's my latest output/distraction, and look forward to more Defensive Cinema and Cult Oddities in the coming week!
- Patricia Clarkson is one of the finest supporting actresses alive, so why is she never supportive?
- Catherine Keener says "fuck off" in the most charming way imaginable.
- Uma Thurman is out for blood in the most charming way imaginable.
- (Literally) brace yourselves for the bitter comedy stylings of Lisa Kudrow!
- Laura Dern is our guiding light through the darkness of monogamy, prostitution and Nicolas Cage.