Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Intersection of Hollywood and Greenberg


Club Silencio should be back up and running this week. Traveling cross country and arriving in Hollywood with no internet to speak of beside Starbucks wi-fi brewed next to the passed out homeless and production types telling me they've, "penned something very Chekov, but more avant garde." I have truly arrived.


In the meantime share mine and Roger Greenberg's disdain for commercialized coffee over at Film Experience, where I express some thoughts on Noah Baumbach's latest. It's more of a review than a self-addressed letter of outrage - as is Greenberg's style - and it helps that the film is a sweetly sour treat not deserving of the criticism. It's also the perfect film to see upon arriving in L.A., embittered by traffic whilst warmed by the sun. I'm as aimless as Greenberg and just as unmotivated. And I don't even know where to begin on building a doghouse.

No comments: