Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Desire Antonio Banderas. It's the Law.



"It's not your fault if you don't love me,
and it's not my fault if I love you."



That's sort of the basics of the Law of Desire, and exactly my feelings toward Antonio Banderas in that movie. It's also a very simple law proposed by Pedro Almodóvar in Spain of 1987 that has long since gone ignored in its home country, but I plan to use my full jurisdiction and enforce it here at Club Silencio.


And by the statutes of The Law of Desire for Antonio Banderas, he is required to do for us the following:

  • Antonio Banderas must give wake up calls.

  • Antonio Banderas must dress exactly like us.

  • Antonio Banderas must show us his yo-yo.

  • Antonio Banderas must surprise us outside of Burger King.

  • Antonio Banderas must caulk the tub.


As with any law, there are consequences to those who choose to break it:


Antonio Banderas will not be held responsible if you or a loved one is harmed in said pursuit of lawlessness.


Desiring Antonio Banderas saves lives.

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

I would walk on hot coals for this man ... I have been crushing on Antonio since Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down ... hell I even suffered through that one were he taught the inner city kids how to dance ... oh, the things I've endured for this man.

Adam said...

You're a good law abiding citizen Pax.

Next movie Almodóvar really should reunite with Antonio... and hopefully Gael Garcia Bernal as well. Is it me or is it getting hot in this blog?